Monday, April 4, 2022

Norfolk Walk: Burgh Castle Roman Fort, Great Yarmouth, English Heritage

 



3/4/'22
After our little visit to the St. Olave's priory, we detoured to Burgh Castle Roman fort near Great Yarmouth. Again, I didn't have a clue there was a roman fort ruin site in Norfolk, near Great Yarmouth. It was lovely open space walk to the Fort. Walked by the river/sea? I could see windmill over the water. Clouds were mud, so much texture and shaped, felt so grateful for the weather we had that day. 

Until then, that week was mad. Snow on 1st April then hailing for two days on and off. It was freezing, everyone though "we are back to winter again..." 😅 


 Until walked towards the fort, I didn't realise it was actually a fort rather than Castle.  It was huge! Huge wall surrounded the area. It was built by Romans, impressive, still standing. 




photo above, I am trying to push the wall back to straighten it, but it was very heavy! 🤣

Anyhow, beautiful day, after visiting the Fort, we popped down to Walberswick for a quick dip. It was a bit wavy, although i didn't stay in the water as long as I normally do, I felt refreshed afterwards. 

When we got back home, we had our salad and yummy!
Since March, we have been doing intermittent fasting, my guts feel really good, also mentally, physically and emotionally. Feel content and my gratitude has gone up even more! I was eating a lot and very often ( snacking a lot), I stopped snacking now.  I really looking forward to my dinner/ salad every night these days. So pleased We 've started it. We are carrying on doing our intermittent fasting into this month as well as in May. Bonus is; weight is dropping too. if you are over weight, there's fair chance cancer might come back, for this reason, I wanted to lose weight a little... I really don't want to have cancer and going through that again! Twice is enough...😅

Anyway, back to The roman site. East Anglia is such a gem. If you are thinking about summer holiday in U.K, why don't you come to East Anglia?. 

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/burgh-castle/

No comments:

Post a Comment