Monday, April 4, 2022

Suffolk Walk: Blakenhem Woodland Garden Snowdrops Walk

 


Wonderful Blakenham Woodland Garden near Ipswich. This located in the middle of nowhere ( to me🤩 ), very peaceful and beautifully maintained garden. When we went, it was open day for snowdrops. 

The lady who owns the house casually was walking with walkers and having chat with how this garden was created and she explained to us there were thousands of different type of snowdrops....never knew.... and some snowdrops costs nearly 200 pounds a bulb...cor, that is very pricey, I bet really rear though. 

Walking this garden felt like going to magic wonderland. Cute wooden doors, snowdrops everywhere. 

There were benches with roofs, benches ( looked like ) created by wood in the garden.., ups and downs on hills...so much different textures. 



At end of our walk ( we did spend quite good time, soaking ourselves in snowdrops energy😍 ) , we popped down to the barn for coffee and a piece of home made cake. It was delish. I could tell they were home made by different people. The lady told me raising money for Macmillan and Maggies! Yay! Both wonderful cancer charities! I went to Maggies in Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge for my wig appointment. I still remember it. 



So, it was excuse for me to purchase another piece of cake to take away for later. 

Then we went back to Tosier chocolate shop/ kitchen and I purchased a few chocolate. They were delish, I could really tell different flavour in chocolate. Different cacao beans ( and country) create different flavour in chocolate without any flavourings. They were to me, the best chocolate I tasted so far. Loved how they melt in my mouth and flavour came out. I felt like  was educated about chocolate there. Definitely recommend their chocolate. You can purchase in Snape Maltings as well. 



Can't wait to get back there when bluebells are coming out. Soon... this month...April 24th. They are not open usually unless they have events. 

https://www.blakenhamwoodlandgarden.org.uk/





No comments:

Post a Comment