Monday, April 25, 2022

Suffolk walk: Bluebell walk in Blakenham Woodland garden & Shingle Street Beach

 


24/04/2022

I couldn't wait to visit this garden again, such a magic garden. And for bluebells! When we popped down to Captain's wood the other day, bluebells weren't fully out yet. Needed a bit more, perhaps, they will be ready within a 3-4 days? Still, it was beautiful walk in Captain's wood. 

We got ready early, aimed for 10am at the garden, but we got a bit lost and detoured on our way to Little Blakenham where the garden is. It was gorgeous day, sun was out and perfect for bluebell walk ( well, anytime, anyweather is perfect for bluebells apart from rain.... 😅 ) People who work there are very friendly, and the lady of the house wasn't around that day. Maybe she was busy... I said to Marcus, " I am having the hot chocolate ( from Tosier) after my walk!" something to look forward to 😆 , to a perfect hot chocolate😍



We started walking, I could see bluebells already through the gate. There were impressive blossom trees, oh my goodness, they were gorgeous. They reminded me of home in Japan, I still to this day, I love blossoms. Can't get enough of them. 

Pink one, light pink one, white one, mixture of both colours....We, Japanese are really crazy about our cherry blossoms. 

Anyway, as we walked deep into the garden, started seeing more and more bluebells and variety of flowers and trees with colours. So many in one place, yet feels very wild and rustic. We felt whoever created & look after the garden knew how trees and flowers work together with human touch, working with nature and let nature do its own thing. 

There was extra bluebell wood opened, where normally closed. When we popped in there, it reminded me Hillhouse wood in west Bergholt in Essex ( https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visiting-woods/woods/hillhouse-wood/ ), sea of bluebells in small space, so many, really intense, it was just like that. Scent from bluebells was so relaxing. I was so pleased we visited the garden. 

At the moment, it's open daily. £5 for admission fee, and goes to Maggies!










After our little walk ( we walked everywhere!) we went to say hello to horses. They were from local horse sanctuary. I asked the horsey guy " I am not sure if they are same horses as last time" he told me they were. then I carried on, " they were grumpy last time🤣 " He informed me they were a bit more happier now as they have a bit more space with grass to eat on. Phew, but they were still a bit grumpy, a bit like grumpy old man in a pub drinking beer at the counter. Well, we all have personalities don't we. 




Then I finally had my chocolate fix, bought a few chocolate bars and hot chocolate. I told the chef I don't eat any other chocolate now. Their chocolate is the best. All different cacao beans from different country. Oh my goodness, one I bought that day, I ate a bit last night, flavour came out and very fruity! I defo recommend their chocolate. ( https://tosier.co.uk/ ) 




Feeling echo of the hot chocolate, and a bit euphoric, we were off to Shingle street beach for a dip. It was a bit windy, but once in the water, it didn't matter so much. The water felt warmer than even last week. Didn't cold or chilly at all. Reminded of us summer days. The sea was a bit wavy and lagoons on the shore weren't quite there, so we stayed in the main lagoons in the middle of shingle desart.

I don't normally do length, but I did two! Yay! Took me a while , whilst Marcus swimming up and down. I like floating and watching sky.

It was very calming, I just watched airplanes above me thinking how huge sky was and kites  ( from kite surfers) against the blue sky was very relaxing. I could stay all day.....

Eventually, we came out from water, so happy that I went in. Water shingle street in lagoon felt a bit more saltier somehow, smelt more seaweedy. Water was clear and green. Not brown! 🤣

It's getting warmer here now in Suffolk coast, hope this continues to summer. Looking forward to more sunny weekends like this. 

In a few weeks time, we are having our retreat in Leiston abbey, fingers crossed for good weather!







No comments:

Post a Comment