Monday, April 4, 2022

Suffolk Walk: Shingle street Beach

 


We often pop down to Shingle street each these days.  Just can't get enough of it. It is a beautiful and amazing beach, shingles there makes me feel I was on desert. This magical beach creates lagoons on low tide on the shore however changes every time. 

There are a few lagoons on shingles before get to the beach from the carpark. We used to love swimming in the lagoons. We used to see ladies from local swimming club came and had some dips. I haven't seen them these days. maybe time and days are different from when we go....We sometimes go there during the week or often on the weekend on low tide. 



It was in March, we went there again on low tide. Two lagoons on the shore, this magic shore  creates wonderful space to dip. The waves were very calm, quietly in and out over the lagoons. 

Low tide was about the sunset time when we went. It was just magical, I was floating in the sea, the moon in front of me, the sun was behind me, setting over Bawdsey and Felixstowe. 

Water was ( still is) chilly, but I love feeling the chilly water on my bear skin... Since I got my shorty ( 2mm) I now always wear my shorty. ( and gloves and boots😆 ) 



I never thought of going into the chilly North sea until a few years ago. When I was recovering from my treatment and surgery ( 2020, before I was diagnosed my cancer spread) , that summer, it was quite warm, really enjoyed being outdoor, and quiet lockdown beach. 

2021 summer, I begun swimming ( more like paddling) again in the sea, really enjoyed, just like previous year. Me and Marcus thought, maybe we cold push till November...then, December...then....ended up being in the water until now. I am sure may people do that too, cold water swimming, something about it, very addictive. we now go to the beach for dip about 2-3 times a week, if weather is ok, and waves aren't too bad. 



Anyway, If you are near by, try Shingle street beach on low tide, magic happens on the beach.  Even the lagoon (  one with water on the shingle), changes. I remember one year, it was still connected to the beach , when the tide came in, water flow in from the beach. Quite mesmerising to watch. Now this lagoon is completely cut off from the beach, created a wall between. 

Often kite surfers flowing and jumping on the surface of the sea, just watching it makes me feel really calm. 

I definitely recommend the beach  for summer or anytime for walks or cold water swimming on lagoons. 

Might see you there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment