Sunday, September 13, 2015

Long Weekend--- Cornwall, West Country, England



18/June/2015

Wow, lovely weather! Blue sky, sun was out, perfect day for walks. (any day is perfect! :-))  I asked Marcus if we could go back to Tintagel for walks and some adventure. I loved it, everywhere I looked, I walked, I absolutely loved it. Somehow, felt really calm and energy was soft yet powerful, mellow and I was in love with this side of the country... Really different from Suffolk, I really thought that, especially seeing the views in the clear blue sky. we just driving along the road, Boscastle, then visited Tintagel





Cute local dog in the local farm shop car park

I was thinking all the time in my head, what I could do to make living, to be able to live in those area, on- line business, cheffing, doing yoga and mindfulness courses???...., oh, I needed to be able to drive too... my head was suddenly full of ideas, suggestions and questions. Different life there, such an beautiful place. 

We drove to Boscastle. Wow, it was very pretty and quaint. That was how I imagined west country. Sunny day made the view even prettier. I imagined how people used to live in olden days, must've been hard and cold too, living by the sea like that, especially when it was stormy day in winter...











Titagel in the daytime looked different from previous day, lots of tourists (like us), students walking along the coastal path. We went into the "Old Post Office too. It was nicely haunted, and really old. Man there told me it was grade 1 listed. Only a few in the country listed as grade 1. Wow! I told him I'd never visited Grade 1 listed building. It was well preserved. 

I said to Marcus, I wanted to eat chips for our lunch, and it was delish! After our lunch, we walked to near the ruined castle too, we didn't go inside, which run by  the English Heritage. We walked inside caves on the beach downstairs, and footpath instead.


"Old Post Office"


"Old Post Office" on sunny day!
Man & Dog



We went into one of caves there. It was deep and we came out the other side of the rock. It was huge. Sea water inside was quite warm, tides was out, all cold sea water was out in the sea...On the top of the rock, where the ruined castle was standing. I imagined feeling the energy of the sea from the top of the castle, then felt a bit dizzy (spiral). It must've been awesome to hear the sound of the sea from the top of the castle in the olden days. 


Wow, Magic Water Fall!


Going deep inside




Green English sea, not brown!!!

Not sure how long we were inside the cave, then we walked back along the footpath. Then I purchased an ice cream. I wanted to have 2 scoops on my corn, but the lady who was in the ice cream van didn't want to do 2 scoops. So I could only have 1 scoop! I wasn't happy. I wanted to eat pistachio and strawberry ice creams! Never mind....

Many many places to walk, to visit, need more time! 

Marcus then took me to St. Nectans Glen Waterfall. Form the car park which was along side of the main road, we crossed the road and started walking. I wasn't sure how long to take to the waterfall, I like walking, I'd rather walk than parking the car at the upstairs car park. It was lovely walks. Well sign posted too. Very green, and lovely air. I could not remember how much we paid for the admission fee. We didn't borrow wellies either. Once admission fees were paid at the reception, they unlocked the gate, walked down to the waterfall. Cute waterfall.





After spending 30mins or so, we hiked back to the car, then drove off. 

That was like any other holiday, I was looking forward to our dinner. I wanted to have an early night as I needed to attend my yoga practical assessment on following day, I was pretty nervous. So, we went back and chilling out in the "Dolls House". 

No comments:

Post a Comment