Sunday, September 13, 2015

Long Weekend--- Glastonbury

Happy Totoro


20/June/2015

Hooray, this was my very first time visiting famous Glastonbury. We weren't there for the festival, we were there to stay for a night. It was summer solstice following day, the festival was the following weekend, so as you can imagine, it was pretty busy down there.

To be honest, I was still feeling a bit shit (please read previous blog for this..), I wasn't enjoying or letting go 100%. So by the time we got to Glastonbury, I pretty much made my mind up not to enjoy myself, I didn't know that time that was what I was doing, I was moaning a bit. 

Anyway, where we stayed was "Chalice Well". It had a beautiful garden. We were very lucky to get a room for the night. Lovely energy and it also had natural water coming out in the garden. Water was magic healing water, it was a bit too strong irony taste if not to used to it. There was another natural water coming out just outside of the Chalice well garden. I loved the water too. Yum Yum. We even took empty bottles with us to fill them in with the magic water.


Having a cuppa in the garden on our arrival...




Magic healing water






We stayed in the house next door to the main house. What an lovely house! Very comfy and just like staying at home.  We shared with a lady who was staying there for just over a week. We met the lady, she told us she just finished attending some goddess workshop whatever that was. Anyway, the house had 2 bedrooms, lounge, lovely kitchen, bathroom and dining room. No internet and use of mobile. I think sometimes it's good to cut off from them to have peace and quiet... And I didn't miss that either. (only for 2days...)

Glastonbury in general, it was a bit too hippy for me, however, I loved the wholefood/health food shop on the high street! Can we have a shop like that in Suffolk please!!!! Or please someone give me some money or win a lottery! I would loooove to open and run the shop like that. We went into the shop and bought lots of foods, both eating that night and following morning, also rests were taking home...souvenirs!

Guess what, I had some feeling anyway. Surprise, surprise, I bumped into someone I knew from Bury St Edmunds in the afternoon. On our way to the health food shop! I just laughed I couldn't believe it, and we had a chat on the street. Her and her husband were staying in their friends house, doing some house hunting. They were planing to move down there! Good on them! They were on their way to Chalice wells garden to meet up their friends. What a small world.


Tigger-Pooh loved the Healing water too!


In the evening, we spent some time in the garden. After garden was closed, it went really quiet, so different from day time! We spent our time in every part of the garden, chilling out. What an gorgeous garden, beautiful flowers, and very very well looked after. Even grumpy Norie could feel "love" in the garden. (sounds a bit corny, but it was "love" I was feeling...) 

Now I look back, I didn't let myself enjoy and feel what I was feeling while we were there. Since we came back, realised how beautiful the garden was, both its energy, flowers and the garden landscape. I am actually in love. How many times I've asked Marcus about the Chalice Well.... I really miss it. Magic place. Lay lines go through there too. 

In the morning, we got up early, Marcus went outside to do qi gong, I did yoga in the house. The lady who was staying there, came back from summer solstice sunrise meditation on the top of the Tor, she kindly stayed in the kitchen till I finished my practice. Bless her, she didn't need to do that. We had our breakfast, before the garden was open to public, we spent more quiet time in the garden.


Magic Chalice Well



Chalice well & Totoro


When we were leaving, she came to us and thanked us. Not sure why, then told me she saw us how we looked after ourselves and she realised she wasn't looking after herself and decided to take care of herself. Bless...She made my day.

We packed our car and filled our water bottles, we walked up to the Tor. We did circular walk. I enjoyed that. we met and saw some funny people on our way there and back. 
The Tor



They used to hung people there







My bum was a bit sore by the time we got back to Suffolk. I slept really well, I was snorie Norie...
Can't wait for my next visit...
I think they were a bit tired too...man & his dog...


No comments:

Post a Comment