Sunday, September 13, 2015

Suffolk Walks--- Shingle Street

Sunny Shingle Street


7/June/2015

This was actually first time ever we had hot sunny day spending time in Shingle street beach. Always chilly or windy, never had hot sunny day. 

We wanted to go to the beach, but we knew Southwold would be really busy. We love nice peace and quiet. That what happens when we get older...

Anyway, shingle street is lovely. With mysterious histories, it really does invite your imagination and really feel something went on the beach long time ago. 



Every time we go, landscape looks different. Tied out in the day time, slowly sea comes back in  afternoon and change the view again.


Sea cabbage

Not sure what they are, but pretty flower!

Sea poppies weren't around (not in season) but sea cabbage had full flowers on, also pink flowers were blossoming. What a beautiful day, local people were having party with a band, car park there was pretty packed. (I'd never seen so many cars parked up there before) Still, the beach was very quiet, I was laying and watching the clouds go by. 




Then made me wonder... How long was it since I did cloud watching on beach (any).... Loooong time, at least that was how I felt. Watching the sky and fell asleep...

Somehow When I do that, I feel I've had really good rest...that means "I need a beach holiday soon"....
Sea that day looked really green, shame, photos are not showing the actual colours, but it was beautiful, it wasn't brown!



It was so warm, we even caught a bit of sun too. Can't wait for our next beach holiday...

 Shingle Street near Bawdsey, a few miles north of Felixstowe,Suffolk, England

No comments:

Post a Comment