Monday, September 14, 2015

Essex Walks--- Finchingfield

Finchingfield


3/Aug/ 2015

I am pretty sure, that day, we went to Freeport in Essex ( my favo place, I don't buy anything apart from going into the health food shop there to purchase some nibbles), then driving along the road. Marcus asked me where I wanted to go, I didn't have nothing in my head where I wanted to go for walks....

Then he told me another story, which I heard before, when he used to be a biker story. He tells me same stories every now again, I have an octopus in my ears (it's a Japanese expression we say, it means" heard that story many times", in a nut shell...), why it's octopus, I don't know. Oh, I remember now, strictly speaking, it's not an octopus, it's more like acne/pimple. We used same word and pronunciation, but in writing, it has different characters. Still, I'm not sure origin of expression came from... 

Anyway, when he used be a biker, he rode his bike with his mates and stopped off this quaint village for some drinks. He remembered, but wasn't sure it actually existed. Those days he was a bit naughty too, it might've been in his imagination. Well, he was driving away, took a few wrong turns, after 20mins or so, found it. This cute quaint English village actually existed. It was called Finchingfield. 





Wow, this must be bikers' where to go place. On that day, hundreds of bikes in and out of village. There was an old pub on the green, many people had drinks from there and drinking on the green. there were people who were having picnic, afternoon tea and eating ice creams...


found some geese by the side of road


We walked in the village a bit and found cute old building. It was Finchingfield Guildhall. Nicely and tastefully restored inside and downstairs was museum with local history. Upstairs room was very nice and kitchen attached to it, and is for hire. I can't wait when Marcus hires place and do some workshop. It will be fantastic!


Museum downstairs

Lady who wrote 101 dalmatians who once lived in Finchingfield


Then we sat on the green, I had my ice cream and we chatted away.  

what an lovely afternoon.

Found a posh classic car too


Has an cute face 

No comments:

Post a Comment