Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Long Weekend--- Port Moniz, Madeira


21-29/03/2016


Awesome Port Moniz natural swimming pool





We had a few days sun was out. Marcus heard there was lovely beach near by called Port Moniz. We were hoping to swim in the sea. We hadn't had beach holiday for long time, really wanted to feel the beach holiday before we went back to U.K. 




So, we were off. Where we were, Sao Vicente, was a bit cloudy. but as we drove, saw blue sky towards where we were heading. 

When we got there, Port Moniz was sunny and a few tourists like us were walking on the beach and sitting in the open cafe having coffee. 

Wow, Port Moniz was so cool, those natural swimming pool was awesome! I had never seen anything like them. Sea looked really blue, I wanted to go into the pool! How lava created with the volcanic rocks and sea water naturally coming in and out to the pools. So cool. 




When we finally found space to put out staffs, we were ready to go in. Marcus went in first. I put my feet in, water was a bit cold. There were people swimming in them, but not many. I thought myself, "it's not as cold as Suffolk sea or Norfolk sea... I can do it!" Then took my tops and shorts off, I jumped into the water.




Cor, blimey, it was chilly. 😁 As I was swimming to the edge to the pool, I suppose I got used to it, it didn't feel too bad. 

I also floated. I never was able to float in the sea, always sinking in. But this time, I floated. I was very happy. It was peaceful in the water. More more people arrived and came into the water. everyone seemed to enjoying themselves for early swimming and sunbathing. 






We loved it, and we went back to the following day. We wanted to do a bit beach holiday before we went back. Always this happens, at the last day or near to the last day, discover something/ somewhere amazing, then we had to go home. Boo! Never mind. 

Maybe Marcus could bring his old ladies here to do some retreats and I could go with them too, it would be lovely to do qi-gong and yoga on the beach. I would look forward to the day to come....♥️



"Please Marcus, could you do Qi-Gong boot camp in here..."





No comments:

Post a Comment