Monday, November 7, 2016

Suffolk walks---Sizewell beach

13/March/2016




When I look at those photos, they remind me how lovely it was to walk and cycle there, Sizewell to Dunwich. 




Marcus used to live in Leiston, we often cycled from his apartment to Sizewell, then Dunwich heath to Dunwich Beach. 

In the last winter, we used to walk around the area, found footpaths and excited about our new discovery. There were woods behind the beach, long footpath inside, Sizewell woods and Dunwich woods. Even busy time of the day on weekend, we did not see many people walking in the woods. very quiet and peaceful, felt like someone or something following us to the beach. 

Anyway, this walk, we started from the Sizewell tea, then walked along the beach. 










When came up to the RSPB site, turn left there for walking inside Sizewell Woods. There, you can do circular walks. And, can ride bike too. 




After the circular walk, we went back onto the beach track, walked to the Dunwich Heath by National Trust. 

There, we normally have our drinks and a packet of crisps each. We also have our energy bars with us, so, we ate them there. 

Weather is always grey, here in Suffolk, especially winter days. Still, I think very atmospheric and very English, and I quite like it. I remember we had once chips on the Dunwich Beach. It was delicious. Especially after cycling good 3-4 hours along the coast. There was suggestion to cycle to Southwold, but I declined the suggestion. I start getting grumpy when I am hungry, better to have some pack up next time we do long cycle ride. 







Anyway, walking along the beach is always a winner, I feel I am on mini holiday and feel really rested from busy days at work. Need something like this to recharge my "battery". 







I remember thinking, "Can't wait for dinner tonight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment