Monday, November 7, 2016

Long Weekend --- PR21 and PR17 walks, Madeira

21-29/03/2016



PR21 walks

Cor blimey, I didn't realize where we were walking. 3.2km didn't sound lots to walk. And it didn't look bad on this map... So we decided to do this PR21. That was mistake. 😱




OMG, it was ok to start off with, it wasn't too bad, not too steep. Then, getting steeper and steeper, going down and down. We thought when it was going to end? Where it would take us? Not a lot of people were walking either, very quiet footpath. 

We carried on walking. After a while, we reached the destination. We were knackered by then. We sat and rested for a while. To be honest, we didn't want to walk up again, it was very steep to go up. 

Then found a taxi company number. Tried to ring them, but wasn't able to to get through.... We saw bus stop. We did think about walking down the road, then, thought, we were not sure how long we would have to walk to go up to the top.... We didn't even speak Portuguese....


Went through Eucalyptus forests





After long discussions, (we saw tourists there too, but they had a car...), we decided to walk up. Cor, blimey, first an hour or so, it was very steep to go up. Just continuously steep "hills", reminded me of Greece, but without flat bit. It wasn't long walks, but just loooooooong steep up hill. I was dunnin.

I think that was why, we decided to treat ourselves a glass of fresh orange juice and chips for our early dinner. We needed that. 


This is my fabo pic ever, me with a payphone, I do this everywhere I go....


PR17 walks





Following day, We decided to do PR17 again, but different part of the walk.  We got on to the footpath beside the main road, can't remember the name of the place though.... The Portuguese guy who was walking the island told us this part of PR17 had beautiful views and more waterfalls. 




















Waterfall everywhere...







If I remember right, this footpath had the most and wild waterfalls and it was nice and easy walks. Waterfalls were so wild and We saw some people were really soaking wet. We weren't too bad, I was wearing my waterproof jacket and my shorts were quick-dry, only my shoes, I regretted not wearing my waterproof trainers...

No comments:

Post a Comment