Thursday, October 4, 2012

Holiday in Damouchari, Pelion 3 ✿STORM✿

We had about 4 days storm. Wow, I'd never experienced such rain and storm. It started on our Day 8. (Actually, our Day 7 was little windy in the afternoon.)
Well, our Day 8: It was cloudy morning. We went to Milopotamos beach. We had swim there too. Not many people were around. Sky wasn't as blue as previous days. Still, even grey sky here looked very peaceful and dramatic. Spent a couple hours there or even less, then drove off to Lampinous (sometimes it's spelt differently). The beach there was very small, 2 people were swimming. By then, it was already raining. So, we went back to our apartment. Here it came, it started rain really hard! then thunder! Wow, all raindrops were so huge! Reminded me of Mallorca, even bigger!

I always wanted being naked in rain, so, I took my clothes off on our balcony and danced! Thank God, no-one was around 🤣.(Even if I was seen, I wouldn't care anyway) Then Marcus joined me. We danced about 5mins, we were soaked completely.  I felt hot shower really nice and even hotter after that. I had lovely day that day. When I woke up following day, it was already raining. It rained all night. During those rainy days, we got up late and lazy round, and kind a nice, I don't usually do that at home. Well, that's what holiday for isn't it.





Theses are Mylopotamos beach on grey day. Still, look very pretty!


 Day 9: We didn't go out in rain, and it was pissing it down all morning. so, we did some yoga, qi-gong inside. Around lunch time, still rain but not too bad, so we went out for a stroll in the village. Had lunch at the one of taverna by the harbour. Cor, it really rained. After our lunch, walked to the beach, waved at Grumpy Granny (who sat outside the corner house with small front garden. I think she was a relative of Dimitri who owned the taverna on the beach and run our apartment. Cor blimey, she was super grumpy 😆. I constantly say Kalimera ( I got it this time, not calamari🤣) to her with my hand waving at her every day, in the end she started smiling. Yippee!.



We jumped into the sea. Sea was warm, rain was cold. When I floated, I felt raindrops on my face. I always wanted to swim in rain. I was happy. Marcus looked happy, he swam quite far (for me) from the beach. In that afternoon, we went out for little circular walk. The footpath near the top car park, leads to a small circular footpath in the olive grow. It was sign posted and red marked. Nice little walk. Cute green stone path, it was very slippery. It was late afternoon that rain stopped and sun came out. The sea was very calm. Few people were on the beach, I could see them through Marcus's binocular. Then, guess what I saw by the castle. A dolphin. I saw its fin first, then tail. I thought it was very small whale, Marcus saw it too, he told me it was a dolphin. We went out to have a look, but he was gone. I saw once again, he popped out then disappeared to far away from the beach. It was exciting moment. It was one of the things I wished before I went away, and it manifested!? Awesome. 

Day 10: Every time I woke up during the night, I could see the lightning. And heard the thunder. Awesome. 
We left curtain opened for last 2 nights. It was beautiful. Rain stopped late morning, so we went out for a walk. Rain wasn't too bad. That night we went out for dinner to Ag.loannis. We saw lightning on the sea horizon with thunder. That point, we hadn't had rain or thunder yet. 

Wet Damouchari castle.....




Day11: It was really pouring down. We were watching sky and the sea. I left a glass on the balcony, how much I could collect in an hour. (Then Marcus wanted to do it too.)  This is how much they collected. 



We drunk this water too, didn't taste anything. It was very neutral. Tasted different from local spring water. (We either filled our water bottle from spring water or drunk tap water. It was fine.) I suddenly wanted go into the rain again, so put my togs on and goggles, went outside....
Then Marcus put his swimming tog on too, went to the beach for a quick swim.




It's Marcus on the beach 👆. 




Blue sky finally came out.....

Day12: It was sunny and cloudy, later shower. We decided to go for a walk. Walk to Pa Pa Nero, Ag.lonnis, Plaka then up to our little church from last year. I'm sure I got the name on my last year's blog... We had rest there. We could see naughty clouds next to us, moving really fast and dark. We even heard thunder far away. This is cute little church. It was opened as well. Lots of churches we visited were closed. It was the only one opened. And no-one around. Peace.......



When we walked back, we noticed there were lots of baby waterfalls everywhere. Then we realised it rained really hard. While we were in the church sitting and chilling, we seemed to miss the heavy rain! It didn't rain there. I loved to see waterfalls. Just love sound of waterfalls and it's very chilled water. very crisp! Lovely when I put my foot in it. I felt sea water warm!
We bought some grapefruits and oranges. Marcus made us fresh juice when we got back to our apartment. If I remember right, we had some crisps as well!!!☺

Weather in Greece was just as I wished. I wanted thunder storm. What I didn't specify was length of it. Even Maria(lady who owned a little shop in the Damouchari village)'s mum said (in Greek) it rained too much....

Dimitri was cleaning in that rain. He was wearing black trousers and white shirt with rain coat ( He was always wearing that, uniform???🤔 ). He was soaking wet.  When I saw and had chat with him outside, he looked a bit puzzled....I was wearing my swimming goggles 😄, otherwise, I wouldn't've be able to see where I was going!

Even the storm, didn't bother me much. We both enjoyed. Having say that, on 12th day, it was really sunny and hot, it was fantastic weather. Absolutely loved it!!! ☺

Waterfall we found on the way to Kissos. In season, I would imagine this little waterfall becomes big waterfalls!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment