Sunday, October 7, 2012

Walk--Damouchari to Plaka

It was on our day 4 holiday, we were supposed to move into upstairs apartment.(we initially booked upstairs) But Dimitri told us if we waited one more night, we could have the next door(upstairs). Looked like the room which had a balcony and we thought that was better option, so we did.





These are our apartment and view from the balcony. Awesome view and this is where we saw lightenings from. ☺After moving, we were ready for walk.

Now, Damouchari to Plaka was simple walk, all sign posted. As usual, needed to go up and down on very, very steep path. First, we came out to the upstairs car park, walked on the road for about 5 mins. Then we found red mark by the huge tree with a spring water point.

 Usually this fountain had water coming out, but 2 days we didn't see any came out. We thought that was due to water saving or strike??? Sometimes even tap water stopped in early evenings(5-6 pm)  for a few hours or so. We knew that, it happened last year. No one told us. But I think that was Greek style. Just doing things randomly(?), I'm sure there was some logic in that...

Anyway, there was road opposite to this fountain. We went down the steep (very steep) road. Then we saw 2 more kiosks. Kindly, there was a sign posted to the beach. 


Small foot path all the way to Pa Pa Nero was very steep, it was fun walking down. Looked like there were some apartments to let, wow, with good view of the beach.






We did this walk twice to go to beaches. Once we bumped into our German neighbours, they looked like hard-core walking people, and looked very fit and sturdy. I liked them, they were very nice and friendly. People go to Pelion to walk, we found loads of foot path. Plenty out there!!!







Took us only 30mins or so to get to Pa Pa Nero. If we went by car, we had to go up, and down, long way. Defo this path is quick to get down to the beach. From there we just walked along beach to Plaka. Plaka is our favo beach. It's lovely. Apparently, it was nudest beach. We didn't know. Anyway, this year, not many people (and Germans) there, so, it wasn't much of nudest beach.







My foot are in water, I tried to take pics of fish swimming around me. But can't see them.... They were pinching our legs and foot! It was tickling!  When I was in water, I was surrounded by fish. Lots of different fish were there. We saw sea urchins stuck on rocks, long fish, tropical-looking fish, mullet-looking fish, mackerel-looking fish, and small fish.... Sometimes they came and swam round me. Wow! I started little more feeling confident with deeper water, I now could go little further than last year. ( I had bad experience when I was a child in Japan)


On our day 12, we walked up to the little church from Plaka. That was the day very cloudy and we missed heavy rain while we were in the church. In Plaka beach, there was footpath(steep stone path) to upstairs. Once we got up, we just followed the path. We knew this path from last year. It lead to Costas little house and olive grow. Instead of turning right(to Costas), just carrying on walking straight. That took us to the forest. We saw chestnut trees, and walnuts trees! We knew the walnut tree there. I remembered from last year. We picked up one walnuts off the floor. Everyone was so high up, we couldn't reach them. This path, it was very quiet and peaceful, over grown weeds and plants, butterflies and grasshoppers, It was lot longer to walk down than I remembered.

Once we got there, there, spring water! I love this particular water somehow I felt it was more clearer and yummy than Damouchari. Probably it was the same water anyway. But felt like it.

This is the little church. Cute♥

Cutest church in the world!

It stood on the cliff, view from there was wonderful. We love there because sooooo peaceful.  This church was the only church opened. We sat inside and chilling out for a bit. Lit a few candles and I reflected what we'd done so far, my life etc. Just gave me time to think. I love that.

This church people were so trusting, their money box was there with some cash in, and unlocked. Bless, we put some donations too. 

Walking back, we scrumped some grapes and apples along the path, we were a bit naughty to pick them from someone's yard, but they didn't pick them, lots of fruits were on the floor fermenting. Especially figs, they were everywhere fermented on the earth. We tried white ones, they weren't good, but dark ones were delicious! In Waitrose costs fortune to buy good yummy figs, even that, they don't taste as gorgeous as those dark Greek figs! Oh, how many times we missed turns (footpath) and ended up walking looooong way,  too busy looking and picking figs and apples! ☺

When we did good walks, dinner(salads and bits) tasted even more delicious! Felt like I earned it. Thanks to Marcus, I now love walking. At home, I cycle everywhere, but I now walk as well. I can understand now why some outdoor people love walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment