Thursday, October 25, 2012

Holiday in Pelion- Kissos, Mouressi & Choreto

It was really really raining and cloudy on our holiday Day 11.
One point, it stopped for a couple of hours, didn't want to stay indoors, so we drove off.
First we drove to Kissos, Moressi, then Chorefto. There wasn't much in Chorefto, but on our way there was fun. We stopped off at this little preserve shop where we bought nik-naks last year. The lady who owned the shop didn't speak much English, I didn't speak no Greek at all, but we communicated well. She makes preserves and picks mountain herbs for tea and sell them at her little shop. This year, she had lots of beautiful looking red apples outside. This place was on the way to Zagora, famous for their apple produce. Anyway, this year we bought a jar of sea herbs in salted water & chestnut honey. The honey had dark colour. It was very different from the honey we bought on our first day. We finished 350ml jar in a few days, this nutty tasted honey was also different from Italian chestnut honey. I really liked it.



This is the lady's dad I think, he showed us "Raki" (I'm not sure the spelling....) he made with his smile, and looked very proud! Bless☺☺ We told him we didn't drink alcohol, he looked a bit disappointed... Anyway, look at those beautiful apples! I could hear "Norie, eat me, eat me!!!"

After we came out of the shop, guess what we found on the road... Walnuts!
So, that made our scrumpings: 2x red apples, grapes, pomegranates, plums, figs, chestnuts and walnuts! We didn't go hungry while we were there. ☺
Really this part of Greece was resourceful wherever we went.
On our way back to Damouchari, we saw a little water fall! How exciting!





Bye the way, Chorefto was small sea side village. Due to off season, it was very quiet when we got there. That was where we found yummy red grapes. I'm sure when it's season, there will be full of people and becomes lively beach...On the way there, we saw apple orchards everywhere. That was where we picked apples from. A bit naughty, but hey, we were on holiday, I wanted some fun experience! ☺

First day I went back to work, I was working in the kitchen in that afternoon. I was hungry and picked up an apple, had a good bite. That was disappointing. Even me, (I eat anything) I couldn't eat it, I had to chuck it away! The apple tasted nothing and texture was hard and horrible. I thought I spoiled myself too much in Greece.... Oooops! ☺




No comments:

Post a Comment