Thursday, October 25, 2012

Walk- ✿"Damouchari" to "Mouresi"✿

Day 10 into our holiday in beautiful Pelion. We got up really(?) late, 10am. By then, it stopped raining. Raining all night, our apartment got flooded a bit, water came through under the door, I had to wipe the floor when I got up. All part of fun! ☺ I didn't mind at all.
Anyway, after our smoothies, we left our apartment at 11.15am heading towards small village called "Mouresi". According to the map we had, there was footpath from Damouchari. But where????
We were wondering where exactly the footpath begins, we started walking about 20mins or so, we found the footpath! It was small sign pointed to "Mouresi" (in Greek). 
This footpath, I didn't like it to start off with, it was smelly and dark. Old stone path was really slippy after the rain, it lead us to the woods. 

We followed red mark all the way, it was easy enough walk. And then... we lost it yet again, was it Greek style? or us too busy looking at fig trees??? 
We ended up walking on the road for a while till the vegetable shop on the junction. This little shop had delicious Greek olives for sale, we kept going back to get them during our holiday!.
Anyway, we found red mark next to the shop, it was slightly steep hill to go up, and we saw lovely fruits trees along the way. Then, we walked on the main road a bit, then saw another red mark. This foot path had lovely view of the beach down below. We found grapes! Oh, they were sweet and delicious! Of course, we scrumped a couple, eating them as we walked. We came out to another main road, next to the lion cafe( I'm sure, it had name like this.). opposite the cafe, there was red mark to go up. From there, it was quite good marked up to Mouresi. Still, we got lost. We ended up walking on the road to Mouresi till where the junction with wooden sign was. 

We walked round the village a bit, we found red mark to go down, so we followed. Then we found cute square with big trees. Later, we had our last dinner there. (Please see my other blog, carrot-munch-healthydinner@blogspot.co.uk) 

In the village, quite often people had their own allotment either near by their house or in their garden. growing tomatoes, courgettes, squash, cucumbers, aubergines..... I really wanted to scrump them, but i didn't otherwise, it would be called stealing!!! I'm not that naughty anymore! ☺

This walk, I only took this photo... not sure why I didn't take anymore, I'm stereo type Japanese person, I love taking photos of everything I see, just like my dear dad does. Not as bad as him though...☺

Anyway, from there, we found footpath to Ag.loannis, Papa nero. So we followed. This path took us into beautiful olive grows and houses. And came out on the main road again. One to go up (left), one to go down(right). There, red mark was nowhere to be seen. So we took right. I felt really long time walking this road, but I'm sure it was probably 15mins or so, we saw sign to Papa nero beach. 
Then, we knew where we were. 


we walked up the steep hill,  back to the spring water point, then down to Damouchari. 
I was quite grumpy, tired and hungry....
That evening, we went to Ag. lonnis for dinner. All food we had tasted even better every time we had good walk. 

I'm not sure where we are going next for our holiday, I can't wait to walk beautiful places! ❀❀❀


No comments:

Post a Comment