Thursday, October 4, 2012

Off to Pelion, Greece. 7th-21st /Sep

Hooray! It's our holiday in Greece again. Can't get enough if it. Greece...now, I'm in love again♥
We left Stanstead airport well behind the schedule. We got to Thessaloniki airport(Makedonia) around 7pm, got our hire car from the airport, drove about 3hours to Agria through Volos. Small sea side village/town. By then, we were knackered and hungry. It was about 10pm, when we finally found a room for the night and food! The hotel was situated just off the promenade in the quiet residential area. Quiet? That what I thought to begin with... No, No, No... I couldn't sleep all night, first, excitement, secound, naughty dogs opposite barking all night. Then middle of the night, chickens started making noise, it wasn't even dawn. Just about to fall asleep, I woke up with people chatting really loud. I realised our room was right next to the hotel cafe balcony. We checked out from there about 8am, bought local honey at the hotel and went off. We were looking for some breakfast. We found a supermarket, got some fruits in, had them on the beach. Now we were ready to head off to Pelion! Yipppieeeeeee! ☺





 This is our little hire car. Cute Lancia. Apparently, we don't have them here in England. I really liked it, it was quite funky. Next to the car, I found lots of quince trees. 


It was cloudy that morning. I was hoping it would change, and did.



Hotel was called "Ballas". If I remember right, it was €40 for a night. Basic accommodation and clean. Also, there were small communal kitchen at the end of corridor too.

Drive from Agria to Pelion was fab. Along the coastal line, then went up to mountains. Temperature dropped. To be honest, I don't remember which route we took, I don't think we went through Chania. Anyway, all I remember now is going through Tsangkarada. I knew then, we were close to Damouchari/ Damouhari. We did so many things and activities during our holiday, I don't know where to begin. 

Damouchari, Pelion. Isn't it beautiful?





No comments:

Post a Comment