Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Gite communal de Douch



16th/June/Sunday
We drove up to Douch, about 2 hours from St. Guilhem. Marcus booked a house there till Saturday. I could only stay there for a night. 
Cor, blimey, it was cutest village I ever seen! It was tiny medieval village with communal allotment in the front surrounded by mountains and river/water! Birds were singing and had lovely footpath!
Checked in 2pm, we got there fairly early, so we drove to the river and potter round for an hour or so. Then check in. The landlady wasn't there to show us round, (she was at work), instead her grumpy husband showed us round. He told us where everything was and "welcome brioche and jam" on the table in the dining room. He didn't speak English, so, all conversation between us were lousy French/English(us) and French(husband), but we communicated o.k(I hoped). He wasn't really grumpy, He invited us for his B.Q.Q with other guests, but we kindly declined the invitation, we are veggies.....
The house was very rustic and cute, well equipped and cool shower!


I was very impressed the little house even had a wash machine in the bathroom! WOW!


Lovely fire place, would love to be here in winter (I bet extortionally cold!!) and lite the fire...very cozy...
I wanted to stay there more than a night, wanted to be there whole week! Neva mind, this place became one of many places for me to go back! I can't wait for next visit.

By the way, the landlady Marie spoke beautifully fluent English. I wish I could stay longer to communicate with them, her husband was ex fireman and now work in the park. I bet he has some  interesting stories to tell with bottle of locally produced red wine and cheese!


 Cutest church in the whole world!









No comments:

Post a Comment