Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Long Weekend" St. Guilhem Le Desert ---Beginning---

Marcus originally booked this "holiday" for 2 weeks. We booked flights first then booked accommodation following day. That "following day", I was at work found out it wasn't good time to take days off. So, I sent him message to cancel the booking. Of course later I was told Rynair didn't do cancelling flights with refund. So, my ticket looked like going down the toilet.

He was already looking into book some accommodation, found lovely places. Bless him, Marcus was persuading me to go even 4days. I didn't wanna go for 4 days. I wanted a whole 2 weeks! Anyway, after a few weeks giving all sorts of excuses, I decided to go even for 4 days. Flew to Carcassonne on 8th of June sat, coming back on following Wednesday 12th. That was my plan.

What made me change my mind was: one of my colleagues at work told me when her granny died, she told her ( just before she passed away ) how quickly her life passed, and do whatever she wanted to do and basically told her to enjoy her life. Then I thought, "yeah, her granny was right, sod it, I'm gonna go". And that trip to France didn't disappoint me at all.

If someone asks me "what was your high light of the holiday?"
I certainly don't hesitate to answer " well, due to the French airport strike, I ended up staying there till Monday!"

Funny enough, we were talking about that 2 days before, "Always hear someone else stuck in the holiday place due to whatever reason, but never happen to me. Lucky bastards!!!" 

Night before due back, Marcus informed me my flight was cancelled due to the strike. I was a bit stressed, (I booked work solid), but at the same time I was somehow very pleased. (Why not?) As soon as we sorted works and flight, I was ready for another 5 days being in France! Hooray! It was my turn to to be a "lucky bastard"!

I said him that night,
"what shall we do tomorrow? Shall we go for more walks???"

By the way, my return flight from Carcassonne on 12th was booked on its own (about 20 euro), that's why Rynair gave me FREE flight back (very generous for Rynair!) to Stanstead air port. If it was booked as return ticket (out and back), I wouldn't get a free flight back. I'm not sure how it works, otherwise I would've had to pay (to buy) £70 to re-book. Luckily we had Internet connection (Wi-Fi) where we stayed in St. Guihlem and had my tablet to deal with this. We didn't even get a text message either. Also we managed to print out my return boarding pass from our landlady's laptop. In St. Guihlem, there's no Internet cafe. But I'm sure people there will help if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment