Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Walks---St. Guilhem le Desert



 We walked on this cliff top

We walked lots on this long weekend. Felt good walking in those mountains, and surprisingly, time passed very quickly. I felt only a few hours we were walking , but actually 4 hours went by... it was like that all the time in the mountain. 

12th/June/Wed

I was supposed to go back to U.K, but due to the strike I was still there. 
Today, we thought we were going to do easy walks, we did lots of walking previous day. We decided to walk to "Mouresse". This is another circular walk I saw in Marcus's walking book. It looked easy and didn't look like it was going to take ages, it did say it was 3 hour walks. 

Started off taking the same footpath to the Roman Arch. Then follow the yellow footpath.
Font de Pamlier, though forest track, then max Negre. Down back to the same footpath.

What this footpath made fun was that we walked up to the cliff top (it was a bit windy) and sat there for a bit. The view was great, looked down the valley, I even saw our footpath!


Funny thing was when we were on the top of the telecom tower mountain, I felt everything was so tiny and small, but when I was on the top of the cliff, I felt the cliff was very high!

This trip made me want to do rock climbing, must be feeling awesome when climb up to the top!

Although the guide book said 3 hour walk, but actually took us about 5 hours including pottering time. We took really easy and lovely walks!
I think person who walk and time for guide books have long legs, good walking shoes and fast walker! 


After this walk, we went back to the square and had buckwheat pancake and chips! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment