Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Walks---St. Guilhem le Dessert "Bout-du-Monde"


13th/June/Thu
We drove up to Bout-du-Monde for walk.
This village was also very cute.
We parked our car in the car park and walked round the village into the mountain.







There, rock formation was amazing, as if someone built those rocks and placed them there.
I wanted to go there because I was told Neanderthal used to live there. Felt like yet again, magical place, and really old. Almost as if someone there walking with you, that sort of feeling I got.
there were 4 foot paths there. Blue, yellow, green and red. I think we did blue footpath. It was fun. Up and down the rocks and quite steep, we walked to the top and saw the other side of the mountain too!
To get to the top, there wasn't footpath, just walked through bushes and plants. Quite steep, so needed to watch where I put my foot when I came down.

This place, for me, it was easy to loose footpath. It was like being in a different planet! We spend about 4 hours or so there.



Theses are the view from the top to the other side. Red earth and blue lake, contrast of two were  
really amazing. I could see the telecom tower we walked to,  really, really small on one of mountain tops!

Then we came out from the left footpath. (Right footpath to the rocks)

It was hot that day, we had bottles of Perrier outside  the little cafe/shop in the village. Always taste refreshing after good walks. 

That afternoon, sun still out, we went to "Pont du Diable"(gauge down the valley) to potter. River water was cold and lovely dipping feet in. That was our favo thing to do after each walks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment