Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Long Weekend" St. Guilhem Le Desert 3 " Grotte de Clamouse"



After we popped up to Chateau de Geant, it was still rainy. I wanted to do circular walks, but at the same time, I didn't really like to walk in the rain either. So, Marcus took me to "Grotte de Clamouse".
I did ask him it was worth paying a visit and pay to get in, I was a bit reluctant to get in, I just didn't like the sound of "guided tour with lots of people". 
When we got there, it was already booked up and the tour just left, so we had to wait for another an hour for the next one. So, we popped into the cute health food shop and pottered in the river. The river was rough that day. 




"Grotte de Clamouse" (www.clamouse.com), €9.50  to get in. It wasn't cheap. Sounded expensive.
Actually, it was worth spending €9.50. It was awesome. I wish it was quieter and I could stay there little longer.... Never mind. We walked well behind from the crowd (so as some people), the guided tour was in French, we were the only non-French speaking people in the round. I always think that every time I'm in France, "I wish I could speak and understand French...It would be more fun!" Next time, I will practice to say more than buying a pan de chocolat....

The tour was great, started off with a film about the cave then, she explained what kind of fish etc lived there. It was a bit of walk up and down in a narrow footpath, it was a bit dark but they had good lighting system while touring. Amazing to see how it all formed, looked very alien to me. Never been inside a cave in the such scale, it was fun!




 I thought it looked like an angel....





No comments:

Post a Comment